Cyberpunk 2077 had a horrible launch which cannot be understated. It was one of the most unfinished launches ever. But under all that, there is an excellent RPG game with an incredible story and a spectacular world. And after many updates, the game is in a pretty good spot from launch. While there is still much to do, it is good. This, along with the recent push from the excellent Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, seemed to have boosted the sales and players of the game.
The increased population of players Players
Just on Steam, the game has crossed more than 130k concurrent players. This is insane, considering the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 is a single-player game with no multiplayer or co-op components.
This is without considering all the consoles. The has dropped much of the support for the older gen consoles as the devs are unable to support that. Recently CDPR has confirmed that more than a million players have been playing across all systems. This is alongside the new 1.6 Edgerunners updates.
What has the new Edgrunners update added?
Before Edgerunners, there have a ton of significant updates to the game which took place over time, namely:
On the surface, Edgerunners has added a new side mission related to the series’ story. This ends with the player getting David’s jacket. This quest is beside a few additions, such as
- Three new gigs with the fixers
- Six new firearms
- Five new melee weapons
They also did add Roach race an arcade game in the game which is fun enough and a cute reference tot the witcher series.
This alongside Transmog, finally with you have the choice to dress V as your fashion wishes.
So ya it has been Cool. but also these updates bring a very important feature which I believe will sustain Cyberpunk for the future.
Mod Tools for Red mod and Cyberpunk 2077
The following things have been added as stated by CDPR.
- Added support for the new mods folder. New, REDmod compatible mods should be placed in the \Cyberpunk 2077\mods folder. The game still supports loading old mods from the archive folder, but please remember that they will not appear in the REDmod menu. New, REDmod compatible mods should be added using the new mods folder for the best experience.
- Added -modded command line parameter to run the game with mods. This parameter also allows you to enable and disable mods using REDlauncher and GOG Galaxy.
- Expanded the telemetry functionality to cover mods-related data.
- Added the ability to load modified tweakdb.bin and .redscripts files.
- Added the ability to load mods.json descriptor for user’s installed mods.
- Added a separate audio thread for audio modding.
- Fixed some issues with TweakDB memory allocations.
The game has released the teaser for a new expansion named Phantom Liberty, and it looks damn cool. It is set to release in 2023. This is said to be the only expansion coming to the game, which kind of sucks to know. I hope that stance changes. We will have mods to cheer us up.
Against all odds, Cyberpunk 2077 is back. And it is thriving with an increased player count. This has been through a patch of many updates and more to come, and I am eagerly looking forward to the future.