World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic is rapidly approaching. With the Beta starting, we know it’s only a matter of months before the official release of WOTLK Classic, and we want to know what the changes are going to be.
We’ve heard Blizzard Entertainment announce that they definitely plan on #SomeChanges, revolving around a few key design points:
- Approachable and Familiar – Wanting the game to seem familiar to old players, but approachable to new, inexperienced players
- The World is the Main Character: Highlighting the wonderful world and area of Northrend.
- Itemization Changes: Making it feel good to earn items and loot, while adjusting the game for longevity.
Key Changes to Wrath of the Lich King
So far, Blizzard has discussed the following changes to WOTLK. None of these are final, but they have all been discussed as options in official communications:
- Loot Changes depending on 10 or 25-player versions of raids, where one gets better drops, or should they drop the game?
- Increasing difficulty on heroic raids
- Confirmed: Increasing health and damage of monsters in Naxxramas
- Changing Emblem loot so that earlier raids remain attractive throughout the whole expansion
- No Dungeon Finder
As more information is released, we will continue to update this post!