Yesterday in a surprising announcement, World of Warcraft: Wrath of The Lich King Classic (WOTLK) Beta was released. The beta test opened yesterday, June 22, 2022, and Activision Blizzard has not given any information yet on an end date. What we do know is that the official release will come this year, 2022.
In the WOTLK Beta, you can test the following features:
- Players can progress up to level 76
- The entire area of Borean Turndra
- The entire Howling Fjord area
- The entire area of Dragonblight
- Utgarde Dungeon (level 68 to 72 dungeon) in Howling Fjord
- The Nexus (level 69-73 dungeon) in Borean Tundra
- Azjol-Nerub (level 71-74 dungeon) in Dragonblight
- The new features brought by the extension to all classes (except those of the Shaman and the Warlock)
Wrath Classic Changes
Some content Creators have already started to cover the changes that have been discussed on forums or found in game, including buffs to Naxxramas, changes to Normal and Heroic raids, and use of emblems for gear rewards.
How To Get Into WOTLK Beta
Currently, this this a Closed Beta stage. This means you need to Opt-In at the official blizzard website. If you are one of the lucky ones, you will get an email inviting you to join. If you have been invited, you can also see it in the drop-down for your Battle Net Client.
Usually Blizzard likes to keep the initial Closed Beta stage quite tight, but later in the testing phases, they will open it up to more and more people and pretty much anyone will be able to join in. This is how it has behaved in the past, at least!