Update: The giveaway is now over and the winner will be contacted shortly. Thank you to everybody who participated and keep an eye out for more giveaways in the near future.
Another week, another FictionTalk game giveaway. This time around we’re giving away a Steam copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4. Aside from the first installment, which was ported to PC years after its initial launch, this is the only other game in the series you can play on Steam at the moment. That’s quite a shame since the unique blend of RPG and turn-based strategy is a perfect fit for the platform. But hey, at least you can play the latest entry on Steam, and you might even be able to get your hands on a free copy from us if you’re lucky.
We’re giving away a copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Collection, which includes all available DLC packs. Namely, Squad E to the Beach, A Captainless Squad, Expert Level Skirmishes, The Two Valkyria, Advance Ops, and A United Front with Squad 7. All in all, you’re looking at several dozen hours of quality game time. The title currently has an 88% Positive score on Steam and 83 on Metacritic. Not too shabby.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Giveaway Rules:
- The competition runs between March 23rd and March 30th at 6 PM GMT.
- We’re giving away one Steam key for Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Collection.
- The winner will be contacted by us via email within 24 hours of the competition’s end date e.g. March 31st at 6 PM GMT, at the latest.
- The winner will be selected at random using the embedded Gleam widget. You can read more about how Gleam works here.
- The winner has 48 hours at their disposal to get back to us from the moment we reach out to them. Should we fail to receive a reply, we’ll use the widget to redraw and select a different winner. Keep an eye on your inbox to avoid missing out!
About the Game
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a highly stylized turn-based strategy game with RPG and third-person shooter elements. The game takes place in the 1930s in an alternate history version of war-torn Europe. In addition to the unique blend of genres, Valkyria Chronicles 4 also features a very memorable hand-drawn artstyle that combines elements of anime and western comic books.
As far as the gameplay is concerned, Valkyria Chronicles 4 works somewhat similar to your typical TBS, but with a few extra layers added on top. There are several soldier classes to choose from, each with their own abilities, good customization options, and a proprietary combat system known as BliTZ. Plus, the game is quite heavy on the narrative so there’s a little something here for everyone.
If you’re a fan of turn-based combat, we recommend looking into our list of top 15 best XCOM-like games to play on PC.
Also make sure to check out our giveaways hub to stay up to date with our ongoing competitions.
E Pluribus Unum