When Fortnite’s Fracture Live Event began at 4 PM ET, December 3rd, there was little indication of when Chapter 4 would begin. Thankfully, less than 24 hours later, Season 1 has gone live.
The Chapter 3-ending event saw players collectively gathering energy orbs to power the Zero Point so that Paradigm would construct, rather reconstruct, a new world map. When enough orbs were collected, a cutscene showcased Paradigm fusing old map favorites alongside new territories, environments, landmarks, and more. Following the end of the cutscene, players were stuck watching three NPCs roast marshmallows on a distant floating land staring at their new world being formed.
Paradigm’s new world became whole once again as players could drop into the new map earlier this morning.
If you were looking for a quick recap of the Live-Event yesterday, check out Fortnite’s official Youtube video here: Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1 Cinematic Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-KIbV9PRU.
Chapter 4 Season 1
“In the fourth Chapter of Fortnite’s Battle Royale, go forth in a new realm and get around in new ways — ride a dirt bike, roll in a snowball, launch yourself with the Shockwave Hammer, and hurdle over obstacles. Power yourself up with Reality Augments and claim territory for your squad, leaving behind Banners to declare what’s yours. And of course, venture with newly-forged weapons,” reads an update by the Fortnite Team on epicgames.com.
Let’s take a second to understand three new gameplay categories this new season: reality augments, new guns, and provisions.
One of the more exciting additions is the introduction of Reality Augments. “At intervals in your match, you’ll be given a randomized choice of two Reality Augments. The longer you remain in the match, the more Reality Augments you’ll collect. Reality Augments last until the match’s end.”
Players have several of these reality augments available on launch day.
- Light Fingers – “Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.”
- Mechanical Archer – “Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Blow & Mechanical Shockwave Bow.”
- Aerialist – “Grants you Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.”
- Supercharged – “Your vehicles won’t consume fuel and they’ll have increased Health.”
- Soaring Sprints – “While sprinting, you’ll be able to jump much higher — and jump with lower gravity.”
Expectedly, a new suite of guns and weapons are at your disposal. “Venture with a fresh set of weapons on the Island. You’ll see returning ones too, but here’s a rundown of what’s new….”
- The Ex-Caliber Rifle – “This powerful, semi-automatic rifle fires a ballistic blade at your enemies… that detonates mere moments later.”
- The Thunder Shotgun – “A pump-action shotgun that deals high damage and shoots two rounds at a time. Just as thunder tears through the sky, this shotgun tears through skirmishes and shotgun shells.”
- The Maven Auto Shotgun – “An automatic, fast-firing shotgun with moderate damage and range. A true maven, however, will know how to make the most of it.”
- The Red-Eye Assault Rifle – “An automatic assault rifle with a custom red dot sight for improved accuracy. Made for a focused wielder, this assault rifle has a controlled fire rate.”
- The Twin Mag SMG – “Two are better than one: this automatic, fast-firing SMG has a double-sided magazine for an extra fast reload.”
- The Tactical Pistol – “Don’t count this one out. This automatic, powerful sidearm can lay down serious firepower from its small frame.”
- The Shockwave Hammer – “Not only does this melee weapon deal damage to opponents, but it also launches them far away. You can also use it to launch yourself and teammates.”
“The weapons above aren’t the only new items. In addition to returning healing items, restore yourself with new ones….”
- Slap Berries – “This fruit is so refreshing you won’t want to stand still. Eat one for not only Effective Health, but also short-term unlimited Energy regen to stay sprinting longer.”
- Slap Juice – “Thanks to the Slap Juice factory at Slappy Shores, there’s Slap Juice! Slap Juice grants more Effective Health than a Slap Berry, and also a longer temporary Energy regen.”
- Sky Jellies -” If you see these jellyfish nearby, fear not — they want to help you. If you come in contact with these floating creatures, you’ll experience a bounce effect… and have some Effective Health restored!”
Lastly – Fortnite Is Being Upgraded To Unreal Engine 5!
“Unreal Engine 5 ushers in a generational leap in visual fidelity, bringing an unprecedented level of detail to game worlds like the Battle Royale Island. Next-gen Unreal Engine 5 features such as Nanite, Lumen, Virtual Shadow Maps, and Temporal Super Resolution are now available in Fortnite Battle Royale on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and cloud gaming!”
To read and see the difference between Unreal Engine 5’s next-gen technologies that power the graphical beauty in Chapter 4 and beyond, click here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/drop-into-the-next-generation-of-fortnite-battle-royale-powered-by-unreal-engine-5-1
- Michael Crichton: A Titan in Literary and Entertainment World - March 31, 2023
- The BMW i8: A Revolutionary Hybrid Sports Car - March 29, 2023
- Chevrolet Volt: A Trailblazer in Automotive Electrification - March 27, 2023